In my opinion, one of the best parts of football this season is THE FOOD. Being a Cowboy’s fan i have watched a large number of disappointing games this season (sadly).. But one thing i will not be disappointed in is what i am snacking on come game time.
For me, a game day staple is BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP. However, the regular version may not be your first choice if you are tracking your macros or just simply watching what you are eating. The regular version (if serves 6) has 585 calories: 54F, 6C, and 17P.
In my version, i have created a buffalo chicken dip that has substantially less fat and is just as tasty (just ask the boyfriend.. he can’t stop eating it). I even made this when i was on competition prep with substantially lower carb and fat macros.
Heres the recipe:
Healthified Buffalo Chicken Dip: Serves 6
- 1 large (2.5 oz) canned chicken breast
- 2 8oz. blocks of Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Franks Buffalo Sauce*
- 1/2 bag of Mild Cheddar Cheese**
- Packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
(**you could substitute a reduced fat cheese if you wanted to or if you had poverty fat macros)
(*Franks Buffalo to taste.. more if you like it spicyyy/ less if not so much)
- Combine cream cheese, canned chicken (drained), buffalo sauce, cheese, and ranch packet into a microwave safe bowl and stir.
- Heat in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Stir and heat in the microwave for another 3 minutes
- Stir and ENJOY!
I ate mine with some celery stalks and a Josephs Pita. For the Josephs pita (very diet friendly: macros for 1 pita- 2F, 8C, 6P), i cut the pita into triangles, sprayed with some FF spray butter, and sprinkled with garlic. Put into the oven at 350 and baked for about 3 minutes. Flipped over and baked for another 3. Delicious.
This is just one example of how you can use flexible dieting to enjoy foods you love while still working towards your goals. Let me know if you give this recipe a try or if you have any other game day diet friendly recipes. I would love to hear them!
Please give this post a like/comment/and subscribe,