Hello, friends! It’s hard to believe that we are already half way through August…where does the time go?? I don’t even know. Time is flyin. The heat here has been crazy in New York this past week and it’s felt even hotter because the humidity has been crazyyyy as well. WOOF.
I don’t know about you, but when it’s hot the last thing I want to do is cook. I don’t want to cook on the stove- it puts off too much heat. I don’t want to heat my food up in the microwave because I’m already hot and I don’t want to eat hot food. THE STRUGGLE IS REAL let me tell ya haha.
With that being said, i have rediscovered my love for Protein Soft Serve. I used to make this ALL the time last year. I made it so much that i think i burnt myself out (temporarily of course haha). But now, the love/obsession is back lol. I have had this almost every night for the past month… it’s so good and i literally look forward to this every night. This is the perfect cold treat to help you forget that it’s a million degrees outside… AND you can top it with whatever your little heart desires….that’s a WIN in my book.
So if you are hot and want something to cool you off- give this sweet, filling, and very macro filling Protein Soft Serve recipe a try.
PROTEIN SOFT SERVE (makes one serving)
- 30 g PEScience Protein ( i use the snickerdoodle flavor)*
- 3 g xanthan gum (for added thickness)**
- 9 oz. almond milk
- 19 ice cubes
* PEScience protein is a whey/casein blend which gives this “ice cream” it’s ideal texture. You can use strictly whey, however, it will alter the texture of your ice cream.
* * Xanthan gum is a commonly used thickening agent. Be careful with how much you use. Too much will leave your ice cream disgustingly thick and slimy looking/tasting. Xanthan gum can also cause bloating and GI distress so test it out and if you experience GI issues, you can leave it out the next time you make this recipe.
- In a blender, add almond milk.
- Add in protein powder and xanthan gum.
- Add ice cubes.
- Blend and pulse, in blender, until all the ice is incorporated and you have reached an “ice cream-like” consistency.
- Put in freezer for an additional 10 minutes to thicken (optional).
- Top with desired toppings and ENJOY!
Macros SANS toppings: 4F/5C/24P
(Note: you may alter protein/milk/ice ratios to reach your desired macro targets)
There you have it- a sweet treat to help you beat the summer heat (HA HA, how cheesy was that lol). But seriously though, give this protein soft serve a go and if you try the recipe, please leave a comment and let me know what you think and tell me what are your toppings of choice!
Thanks so much for checking out my blog and keep checking back for more,