Why hello friends! It has been a hot minute since i have blogged and i think it is about time i explained why. My last blog post was Her Struggle With BED: Morgan Circa 2016 where my sister talks about her experience with Binge Eating Disorder… if you haven’t taken the time to go read that yet, i definitely recommend you do so. Really great, emotional blog post that i am sure a lot of people reading this can relate to… That post was published February 9th and it is now March 27th… so where have i been??? Let me tell you.
Last time i blogged, i was…..
Living with my boyfriend, in New York, working two jobs, and prepping for my first powerlifting meet…
Now, i am doing….
NONE OF THE ABOVE.
HA YUP, you read that right… pretty much everything about my life has changed. Let me elaborate.
- I broke up with my boyfriend of almost two years. I am not going to bother going into the details of this, but it was my decision. It’s shitty but… it is what it is.
- I moved out of our apartment together. There were a lot of things that i loved about New York but New York was just too expensive for me to live alone. So…
- I drove 19 hours, to NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA, with my cat Lupin, and moved in with my sister and bff, Morgan. So far the benefits of NOLA include:
- Living with my sister (it was hard going over a year without seeing her)
- Gorgeous weather. No more snow and freezing cold weather. Hello, sun and warmth!
- BOMB donuts. I wasn’t even a donut person until i moved here… hellooooo, District Donuts, i love you.
- In regards to work, i quit my job at the gym i was working at. I transferred to the Cheesecake Factory that is literally 5 minutes from my house so i no longer have to commute 30+ minutes to work. (WIN). I was able to start work immediately once i got out here so that was great financially.
- I don’t have a technical “big girl job” here at the moment and i am okay with that (for the time being). I know that that will happen in due time.
- I am no longer prepping for my first powerlifting meet. This part i am pretty bummed about, to be honest. My (ex) boyfriend was writing my programming and since he is no longer doing that and i no longer live in NY (where the meet was) that’s a no go. I would still like to eventually do a PL meet however, that is on hold for the foreseeable future.
- I have started working toward some new fitness goals but I am choosing to stay silent about those for the time being. I am still lifting and tracking macros consistently.
I got to NOLA the 24th of February ( i believe? ) so the past month has been about moving in, getting my life together, and getting into a new routine. Something i really want to start doing now that i feel like I’m getting back to a new “normal” is getting back into blogging consistently. Moving was/is hectic but i really want to get back to growing my blog and making blogging a priority. Please leave comments with any potential blog topics you would like to read about in the near future or anything you would like to learn more about.
Slowly but surely getting my life together. No idea how things will turn out or what’ll happen next but i am taking one day at a time and just enjoying the ride.
If anyone has any more questions about what I’ve been doing or what I am doing now, please feel free to leave a comment or question and i’ll let you in on the details of my unpredictable life ha.
Thanks for reading this crazy update that is my life. Keep an eye out for more content coming to you in the near future.