Well lookie here….another blog post coming your way! I told you guys that i was going to make a conscious effort to get back into blogging consistently and that is exactly what i am trying to do. I am a work in progress, okay? lol.
In the hustle and bustle that has been life and moving, it is crazy to me that March is over and it’s now April… like what the actual f. Where does the time go? I don’t even know. That being said, i thought i would use this time to share with you some of my Favorites from the past month. Perhaps this will give you guys some ideas for new foods to try and some easy ways to switch things up.
Let’s jump right in….
- Optimum Nutrition Cake Bites. I saw these floating around on Instagram and i knew immediately that i just had to try them. I am not typically a huge fan of protein bars because i do not find them to be filling whatsoever, but they can definitely be helpful if you have a sweet tooth (like myself). Now, i have only tried the Birthday Cake and Red Velvet flavors, but omg, i love both! They have a great texture, not overly chewy or waxy and the flavor is delicious. They are by no means an equivalent to eating real “cake” but they do taste like what the flavor says they are supposed to. I would not substitute these for a “real meal” but these are definitely great for a quick snack or if you are on the go. Macros are 7F/22C/20P for the Red Velvet (25C for the Birthday Cake). I found mine at Vitamin Shoppe, but they can also be found at GNC or online.
- Quaker Savory Tomato & Basil Rice Cakes. So if you know me at all, you know i am OBSESSED with rice cakes. I could literally eat an entire sleeve of rice cakes at one time, for every meal of the day, and not get sick of them. For savory rice cakes, i had been loving the white cheddar, however these tomato and basil rice cakes blow the white cheddar out of the water! The seasoning on these bad boys are legit and they kinda remind me of a pizza/spaghetti flavor- obviously, from the tomato and basil seasoning. SO GOOD. These rice cakes are yummy plain, but also delicious topped with a laughing cow cheese wedge and/or lunch meat. Macros per rice cake are 1.5F/8C/1P. Run, don’t walk, to your nearest Walmart and getchu some.
- Alfredo Sauce. The specific brand of this product is a little more vague but you get the idea. Alfredo sauce was my go to this past month in making boring, basic meals a little more exciting. I.E. chicken and broccoli becomes a lot more exciting when you add some alfredo to it. Lately, Morgan and I have been buying the Classico brand, flavor Creamy Alfredo (I have also tried the Prego Light Alfredo Sauce which is good too). The macros are legit for 60g or 1/4c (which is quite a big serving) at 3.5F/3C/1P. I am all for making your basic bro meals just a little more exciting by adding a little something extra, and lately for me, that’s been alfredo sauce. Reminds me of when i was a kid and ate a lot of chicken alfredo lol but i digress…
- Starbucks Caffe Verona Dark. Ah yes, coffee….i love coffee. So typically i am a huge fan of flavored coffee.. I usually steer clear of dark roasts because i find them just way too dark and unpleasant. However, when i moved to NOLA, Morgan told me my flavored coffee tasted like shit so i had to try her dark roast of choice… aka Starbucks’ Caffe Verona Dark Roast. Starbucks classifies this as a full bodied and bold flavor (10/10 agree) and say it has a “toasty sweet and dark cocoa” flavor… which i also agree with. It reminds me of subtle hints of chocolate which i love, because helloooo, i love chocolate. So chocolate and coffee together is a big yes from me. I do add two sweet n low packets to my coffee,and i don’t know if i would enjoy this without the added sweetness, but together it is the perfect start to my day. If you are a big coffee fan and are looking to try a new coffee flavor, i would definitely recommend this one. PLUS, if you use Starbucks Rewards, each bag of coffee typically has a sticker for 10 free stars/points, getting you closer to that free cup of joe. WIN.
Last but not least, and the only nonfood related item on this post….
- Beauty and the Beast. OMG, GUYS…SERIOUSLY… I AM WRITING THIS IN ALL CAPS SO THAT I CAN GET ACROSS TO YOU GUYS JUST HOW GREAT,AWESOME,FABULOUS, AND MAGICAL THIS MOVIE WAS… HAVE I GOTTEN YOUR ATTENTION? OKAY, GREAT! But seriously, if you saw the original during your childhood and enjoyed it, you will definitely enjoy this. Emma Watson is fantastic, the music is awesome, it’s a love story, and it’s Disney which pretty much guarantees it is going to be a movie that is worth your time. I never go to the movies, like ever, but Morgan and I went to go see this the Monday after it came out and i would 20/10 go see it again… even though that meant spending $30 at the movies. I’d be lying if i said i didn’t shed tear or two, but this really was a magical movie and you should definitely go see it. Go with your girlfriends, your boyfriend, your mom, whoever… you just have to go see this movie.
So there you have it guys… some of my favorites from the month of March. March was a bit of a transitional month with a lot of changes going on but these are the foods (and the movie) that really stood out to me. What foods or things did you try last month that stood out to you?? Leave a comment and let me know!
Also, what other things would you like to see on my blog in the near future?? I am ALWAYS looking for new ideas, topics, and information that you guys would be interested in hearing and reading more about here on my blog. So leave a comment and let me know your thoughts so that i can get more beneficial and interesting content out to you!
Thank so much for taking the time out of your day to read my post, as always it is much appreciated. I hope y’all have a great day and talk soon, XO